The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free. – Baruch Spinoza
I am Yutong Xie (谢雨桐), a first year Ph.D. student at the School of Information, University of Michigan, advised by Prof. Qiaozhu Mei in the Foreseer Group. Prior to this, I earned my Bachelor’s degree at Shanghai Jiao Tong University as a member of ACM Class advised by Prof. Yong Yu and Prof. Weinan Zhang.
My research interests lie in machine learning methods for both explicitly and implicitly structured data, especially for graphs, networks and texts.
University of Michigan, Sep. 2020 - Present
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Sep. 2016 - Jun. 2020
- B.Sc. in Computer Science (Zhiyuan Honors Degree)
- Member of ACM Honors Class, Zhiyuan Honors Program.
- Advised by Prof. Yong Yu and Prof. Weinan Zhang.
ByteDance AI Lab, Feb. 2020 – Sep. 2020
- Research Intern advised by Dr. Lei Li and Dr. Hao Zhou.
- Research topic: computer aided drug discovery.
Foreseer Group, iSchool, University of Michigan, Jun. 2019 – Dec. 2019
- Research intern advised by Prof. Qiaozhu Mei.
- Research topics: graph representation learning and multi-task learning.
Apex Data & Knowledge Management Lab, SJTU, Jun. 2018 – Present
- Research intern advised by Prof. Yong Yu, and Prof. Weinan Zhang
- Research topics: code comprehension and natural language processing.
Publications and Manuscripts
Visual Rhythm Prediction with Feature-Aligned Network [PDF]
Y. Xie, H. Wang, Y. Hao, Z. Xu
Proceedings of the 16th IAPR International Conference on Machine Vision Applications Conference (MVA 2019).
- CS420: Machine Learning, Teaching Assistant, Spring 2019
- CS120: Introduction to Computer Science, Head Teaching Assistant, Fall 2018
- CS151: C++ Programming (A), Teaching Assistant, Fall 2017
Hornors & Awards
- Outstanding Graduate of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2020
- Leo KoGuan Scholarship (20 winners at SJTU), 2019
- Leo KoGuan Scholarship (20 winners at Zhiyuan College), 2018
- Huawei Scholarship (6 winners at Zhiyuan College), 2017
- Zhiyuan Honorary Scholarship, 2016-2018
- Second Prize, ACM-ICPC 2016, Nha Trang, Dec. 2016
- Bronze Medal and Best Female Team, ACM-ICPC 2016, Beijing, Nov. 2016
- Silver Medal and Best Female Team, CCPC 2016, Hefei, Oct. 2016
- Bronze Medal, National Olympiad in Informatics (NOI) 2015, May. 2015
- Bronze Medal, Asia-Pacific Informatics Olympiad (APIO) 2015, May. 2015
- First Prize, National Olympiad in Informatics in Provinces (NOIP) 2014, Dec. 2014
- Email: yutxie AT umich DOT edu
- Links: GitHub